Monday, August 22, 2011

Redemption

Guilt.
You bad taste in my mouth,
I'll wash you down with a frothy soda pop
Or perhaps a feel-good movie.

It's not my fault.

You creep into my heart like a hot lizard,
snaking your way down to gnaw at the roots of my sensitive pride.

You hot potato - I'll toss you out of me
I can't stand to own you.
My fingers are turning black,
like my motives. Oh, I am indeed a wretch.

Remedy, please, a remedy - anything.

I'll brand you with my initials
You cruel, cruel pet,
This will take the last of my pride.

I walk the halls of the ruin of my heart
And find it an empty tomb.
The things I thought splendid and virtuous about myself -
They're crawling with iniquity.

A prince. He comes to see me?
In this place?
In my place.

Oh, Lord, I'm saved. I'm safe.
My heart is redeemed at last.
All because You could stand to own me.

No comments:

Post a Comment